We need you!
We are currently recruiting for a number of vacancies for legal and non-legal data protection experts. If you ….
- have a passion for data protection and a desire to help organisations implement and understand how to process personal data;
- want to help people understand the principles behind data protection legislation so that they can make the right choices for their organisation;
- want to save the world, one piece of data at a time; and
- want to be part of a fun team where giving something back to society is at the heart of our core values
… then we want to hear from you.
Your role will be to work with our clients to help them ensure that they are complying with data protection requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR), the Privacy Electronic Communication Regulations 2003 (PECR), the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) and similar data protection laws. You will also be required to provide advice in relation to previous legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your main responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include:
- providing virtual data protection officer services;
- creating and reviewing data protection compliance programmes;
- managing data subject requests and responses;
- undertaking and reviewing the output of data protection impact assessments and advising on proposed privacy risk and solutions;
- advising and assisting with ICO and other regulatory investigations, for example responding to correspondence from regulators and data subjects and preparing and reviewing internal investigation reports documenting investigations into data breaches;
- providing advice on adequate monitoring requirements in relation to internal data processing activities and processing undertaken by processors;
- running bespoke training and workshops, face to face or via webinars; and
- providing ad hoc data protection advice.
The ideal candidate will:
- have worked in-house or in private practice as a data protection officer, data protection compliance advisor or in a similar role;
- have practical experience of understanding and implementing the provisions of current data protection legislation (the GDPR, PECR etc) and previous legislation (the Data Protection Act 1998);
- hold a law degree or have a compliance background, ideally obtained working in a regulated financial services sector;
- hold data protection and/or compliance qualifications such as the IAPP CIPP/E, IAPP CIPM, ISEB and/or the PDP Data Protection Practitioner Certificate; and
- be an effective communicator able to work well as part of a team and to tight deadlines.
We want to build a culturally diverse workforce and are committed to equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their race, gender or background. We therefore welcome applications from all individuals.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.