The UK has applied to join the Global Cross Border Privacy Rules Forum (CBPRF). The CBPRF was set up in 2022 by the members of the pre-existing Asia Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) system.
The objectives of the forum are to:
- “establish an international certification system based on the APEC CBPR and Privacy Recognition for Processors (PRP) Systems;
- support the free flow of data and effective data protection and privacy through promotion of the Global CBPR and PRP Systems;
- provide a forum for information exchange and cooperation on matters related to the Global CBPR and PRP Systems;
- periodically review data protection and privacy standards of members to ensure Global CBPR and PRP program requirements align with best practices; and
- promote interoperability with other data protection and privacy frameworks.”
Another attempt to forge alliances in a post Brexit world.